AMP America.org was formed in May of 2017 with seven like-minded individuals to explore how we could make a difference and better people’s lives through progressive policies and initiatives.
We have since grown our membership to include thought leaders, progressive activists, and community representatives dedicated to supporting social justice initiatives and creating positive change within our local, state, and federal governments.
We believe in a government that is “by the people, for the people”, not by and for corporations and the wealthy few. Therefore, we encourage citizen democracy, where everyone acknowledges and works for the best interests of their community, and engages in civic activities and responsibilities; where citizens embrace their duty to engage in their own governance and elect officials who represent the best interests of our nation as a whole.
From the beginning, we have focused our energies on affordable housing, clean, renewable energy, expanded and improved Medicare for All, and fighting for every eligible American citizen to have the right to vote.
We value and demand, honesty, truth, transparency, and integrity from our government and elected officials. We also believe that voting is a sacred right and must be protected at all costs.
“We do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” – Thomas Jefferson
We envision AMP America.org as an organization dedicated to an inclusive America where the government is honest, transparent, and committed to the health, welfare, and prosperity of all.
AMP America.org (Moral Progressives of America) is dedicated to educating Americans regarding existing and proposed government policies and legislation to encourage civic engagement, inspire greater participation in the voting process and empower citizens to make better and more informed voting decisions. We seek to identify and energize initiatives that are in alignment with AMP America.org’s beliefs. In this regard, we seek to build a broad-reaching alliance of progressive democratic organizations that will benefit our community and nation as a whole through collaboration on voter engagement, civic and legislative issues in order to have a strong, active, and impactful voice in effecting positive change that will benefit our community and nation as a whole.
- We support an achievable “jobs for all” creation plan.
- We believe in universal access to affordable higher education and job training.
- We strongly oppose the privatization of public education.
- We believe in Expanded and Improved Medicare for All and support HR 676, as well as expanded Medicaid.
- We advocate for an increase in Social Security benefits.
- We believe in creating an effective social safety net for the unemployed, disabled, and seniors and we seek an end to involuntary homelessness.
- We oppose the privatization of prisons and advocate ending the school to prison pipeline and the restoration of voting privileges for felons after time served.
- We believe Global Warming is real and believe in restoring, enforcing, and enacting climate change legislation to move America toward 100% clean, renewable energy by 2050.
- We believe in creating a path to citizenship for all undocumented Americans, and we support the immigrant “Dreamers”.
- We believe in enacting a foreign policy that promotes peace, security, economic prosperity, and cooperation with our allies, and protecting our voting process from outside influence.